A lot of people may argue riding an electric bike is cheating but research suggests the opposite. Although they look pretty similar to a regular bike, they come with a small electric motor which you can turn on to make riding easier. This can be of great help when you are going up that really steep hill you usually dismount for, cycling into the wind, carrying all that shopping you ended up getting when you promised yourself you were just popping out for a pint of milk or when carrying your child on the back.
They are pedal assist. Which means yes, you do still need to pedal the bike to get anywhere. The amount of assistance from the motor reduces with increasing speed and will cut out altogether once you hit speeds of 15mph or stop pedalling.
The ebike is powered with a lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which can be charged, from a mains socket, either on or off the bike.
10 benefits to having an ebike.
* Electric bikes give the elderly, those less fit, people suffering illness or recovering, the confidence to get out and go further whilst also building up fitness without tiring you out.
* Ebikes have the potential to double the average cycling commuting distance which will have a positive effect on your health and the environment.
* You can access places more easily that you may otherwise have had half a day’s strenuous hike to reach.
* You can join electric bike groups and go on tours with others building up new friendships and becoming part of the electric bike community.
* Riding your ebike will make you happy. Cycling has a positive effect on your emotional health improving levels of well being, self confidence, and tolerance to stress while reducing tiredness, difficulties with sleep and a whole range of medical symptoms.
* They are good for the environment, giving you a lower carbon footprint.
* Riding an electric bike is considered moderate exercise. The NHS recommend you do 2 hours 30 minutes a week, so riding to work every day could achieve this. Studies also show those who cycle to work experience a 39% lower rate of all-cause mortality.
* They can weigh as little as 20kg so are light and easy to store. You can also get a folding ebike which is even easier to transport when you aren’t riding it.
* Save money by using your ebike instead of the car.
* Your body gets stronger. Pedalling strengthens your legs, tones your calf’s, hamstrings, quads and glutes. It also makes your arms, upper and lower back stronger too.
To try our range of ebikes, call us today on 01256 353465
If you have any queries or wish to try any of the ebikes, please contact us: